1. Government Fund Donation
Single Applicant I – (Applicant + spouse)
For a single applicant, a nonrefundable contribution of about US $100,000 has to be made to the Government Fund.
Family Application I – (Applicant + up to three qualifying dependents)
In such a scenario, it is required for a combined nonrefundable contribution of US$200,000 to be made on behalf of the applicant and three dependents. For each additional dependent (other than a spouse),an addition $25,000 is required.
2. Real Estate Investment
Applicants interested in making a real estate investment in Dominica are required to purchase property valued at a minimum of US$200,000 in a real estate development approved by the government. It is necessary for the investment to be maintained for at least three years. Upon being maintained and sold after five years, it would qualify the next buyer for citizenship too.
However, what must be mentioned here is that nationals of certain countries and territories are treated on a case-by-case basis. This includes nationals of Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, Chechnya, Sudan, Pakistan, Somalia, Uzbekistan, Sao Tome Principe, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Turkmenistan. Exceptions are granted to applicants who have resided in other countries for 10 years (minimum) and have funds that do not originate from the countries mentioned above.
- Physical residency is not required
- Education or managerial experience is not required
- Dependent children under 28 years of age are included
- Unmarried daughter under 27 years of age living are allowed to reside with and be fully supported by the main applicant
- Dependent parents and grandparents over 55 are included on the application
- Visa-free travel is allowed to more than 110 countries. This includes the UK, Europe’s Schengen zone, Malaysia, Turkey, Hong Kong and Singapore