Canada is rich in terms of culture, living and working opportunities. The Great White North is attracting many newcomers around the world to become its permanent residents.
By being a permanent resident of Canada people can avail many benefits. Many people are willing to settle down in Canada and spend their lives in the country by being their permanent citizen.
Canadian citizenship can be a life-changing opportunity for them.
There are some reasons why newcomers want to become Canada’s citizens.
- They have the eligibility to apply for citizenship.
- More jobs and working opportunities
- Affordable and high living standards.
- Great culture and community experience
- Amazing environment
- They can avail citizenship benefits like having a Canadian passport, voting rights, and availing their free healthcare facilities.
The basic eligibility requirements for applying for Canadian citizenship are as follows:
- Lived in Canada for at least 3 years out of the last five years.
- Filled your taxes (if required)
- Pass the citizenship test (if required)
- Pass the language proficiency test. Either in English or French.
Steps For Applying For Citizenship
There are three main steps while applying for Canadian citizenship.
- Get the application package. It contains all the instructions manuals, guides, and all essential forms that you need to complete.
- Pay the application fee. It includes the processing fee and the right of citizenship fee
- Submit the application. After the approval of your application. The applicant has to appear for the citizenship test.
Citizenship Test Format:
The citizenship test is designed in such a way, where the applicant has to demonstrate their knowledge about Canada.
20 questions need to be answered that cover a good number of categories. It is based on multiple-choice questions and some true and false questions.
The duration of the test is 30 minutes and it’s generally conducted in English or French. You are free to choose the test language.
The oath of citizenship is the final step of The Canadian citizenship process.
You will receive a proper date 2 weeks before the citizenship ceremony.
The procedures and requirements can vary for adults, children or without guardian children’s and other individuals. It is highly recommended to consult an immigration professional for better understanding and assurance of a successful application process.
Yash Global Consultants has successfully helped thousands of immigrants to become Canadian citizens. It’s your chance now to contact them and immigrate to your dream destination. Their past record and clients’ feedback has helped them earn the title of best Canada Immigration Consultants.