Schengen is a zone that falls under the European Union, which includes 26 countries and all follow a common visa policy. All in the union, they have officially mixed the use of passports within themselves. Schengen, as many may know, is the world’s largest visa-free zone but for countries that form a part of it. While all the locals and visitors are welcomed to the Schengen region, there are certain countries that are allowed to travel without a visa, note: India doesn’t fall under the category.
CAN I APPLY FOR SCHENGEN VISA ON ARRIVAL?
No, while many think it is an option, a Schengen visa on arrival is not available for Indian citizens. Anyone holding an Indian passport is required to apply for a Schengen visa if they wish to visit for work, travel, or any other purpose. The visa allows you to stay for 90 days, valid for 6 months. For the visa, you may require a multiple entry visa in case you wish to travel to more than one country.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THE SCHENGEN VISA FROM INDIA?
The procedure for applying for a Schengen visa is quite simple:
- Explore the website of the Schengen Embassy to download the visa application form.
- Complete the form with correct details and submit it once signed.
- Gather all the documents that are needed for the visa. Submit then attached with the visa application form at the visa office.
- If you are planning to visit just one country, the visa will be applied at the Embassy of the country.
- If you are visiting more than one country, you may want to submit the visa at the office of the country where the stay will be for a few days.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Visit the interview and collect your passport.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF APPLYING FOR A SCHENGEN VISA?
- It allows tourists to travel to more than one country with just one visa.
- Help you save time and a lot of effort obtaining and paying for a separate visa.
- You just need a single stamp of approval on the passport.
If you are planning to travel to a European country from India for travel purposes, connect with Yash Global Consultancy to hire immigration services in Chandigarh. Let our experts navigate you through the process and ensure a smooth visa process. Our primary goal is to understand people’s desires and budgets and provide them with the best possible solutions using our experience and skills.